page 46

The band for the occasion that night
named them self as a cheeky homage to
Albert Hammond: Free Elastic Band.



The line-up:
Ien Sarie ------------ bass
Henk Samrink ----- rhythm
Victor Stokhof ----- solo
Erdal Ozipek ------ synthesizer
Paul Pot ------------ drums

They played using the equipment of
Victor's church choir backing band.
Six songs they hastily rehearsed.
'Be true to your school' an old Beach Boys song.
And the Ramones' 'Crummy Stuff'.
Devo's 'Mr. DNA' and 'Words get stuck
in my throat' (sung by Ien).
The reggae rhythm of 'Prophet has Arise',
the way they played it, sounded really bad.
And because they wanted to do an own number,
Henk and Erdal tried to write a speedcore song.
They stole a few lines from Henry Rollins.
Out of Black Flag's 'Can't Decide'.

Chop off
Chop off
Your goddamned head off
Can't decide
Anything (sung by Henk)
I conceal my feelings so I won't have to explain
What I can't explain anyway (sung by Ien)
If I could sing a little faster
That would be pretty swell
But I can't sing faster
So I sing like hell (sung by Paul and Victor)
Chop off
Chop off
Your goddamned head off

To end their gig with:
'Gelukkig zijn is ook niet alles'
(Happiness ... all the time?)
van Wim T. Schippers.