page 96



"To Dodewaard? But I'm not so much opposed
to nuclear energy. Sellafield ... but have a look
at Weurt. A village in between a waste incinerator
and a power plant using coal." "No, not because of
that, Henk, we go to Dodona, Delos and Lemnos.
That is: Dodewaard, Deelen and Lemmer."
"With the car?" Manon wanted to know.
"Yes, I can borrow my mother's Volvo."
"Did Greece then coincide with the Netherlands?
I mean the alleged Greece." "You mean Achaea,
Henk. No. For example, in France was Argos,
where they still speak Argot. What surprised
me the most though, was that Knossos, proved
to be Oslo." "Oh that's a pity, I had hoped
it was here. The carnival name for Nijmegen
... Knotsenburg." "And where would Egypt be?
Guess what?" "Belgium?" tried Carmenita.
"No, almost. The department of Seine-Maritime.
Dieppe is Thebes. I wanna go see the lot.
I'm planning even more journeys."



Carmenita thought of distant locations.
"Then the Odyssey probably was to South
America?" "Again nearly right. It's Central
America, namely Saba and Cuba." Henk
thought of locations in the neighborhood.
"Would it be possible that the moraine over
here, that stretches from the St. Jansberg all
the way to the Duivelsberg (Devil's Mountain),
also had been an area with lots of sacred
places? Across the German border in the
Reichswald is a hill called Himmelsleiter
(Stairway to Heaven) Those are places
we can go and see by bicycle."


St. Jansberg


Chestnut tree Duivelsberg


Reichswald