page 47

"Now the Transit has gone ... uh ... now Boet
has gone, there might be room for a new organ."
Walter Samrink suggested. Henk: "No way."
"But imagine, if you ... in Belgium jazz organs
are made that ..." Then Henk changes his mind.
"On the other hand, go ahead, why not.
I haven't told you yet, but I actually wanted
to go and visit Boet, now that he's in Italy
at the moment. Well, visit ... I mean not only
for the holidays, but the next year or so.
At least for some time and then ..."



"What about the film school, where you wanted
to go?" his mother wondered. "That's what it's
all about. I don't have any material I can show,
when I apply this year. And then I thought,
if that old 8 mm black and white camera you have,
if I used that to come up with something that I shot
in Southern Europe, something really worthwhile,
so that next year ..." "And where are you gonna get
the money, not of Boet I hope." I don't need much.
I'll see." "Who cares ... when I was your age ..."
"Yes, that story we all heard repeatedly."
Mirjam said, and gave Walter a dirty look.