page 49

"No way ... under no circumstances
are you gonna live above a pub.
You know what's wrong with that fucking Tony.
His intentions are good, but everything,
I mean everything, turns out wrong."
"Yeah, I know. I could sign up for a dorm,
and stay at home for another year.
But mother, I have to live on my own,
right now! It's not that I'm not okay here,
and you living alone in this big house
might be hard, but I have already signed
the lease and I am going to live there."



Walter and Mirjam Samrink were just
putting the canvas over the organ,
when they saw Paul's parents, who
were promenading on the river quay.
"How nice, gosh I almost said Mon and To
because Henk always does. Ton and Mo is it?
Fancy having a drink somewhere?"
First they were talking about Paul and
what he would study. "Gosh astronomy ..."
Walter defended Henk's decision. "Oh, we
have never studied and enjoyed our youth.
Half the world we traveled. Now it's one
of our best memories, huh Mirjam?"