page 77

"Phew, you scared the hell out of me ...
how did you know I was back home?"
"We didn't ... did we Walter? We were
so upset that when the motorcycle cop
asked if he had to notify someone, I
without thinking must have mentioned
our phone number, I think ... and then
the ambulances came, and we had to go
to hospital. And right away we must see
the vet. I think Monza is the worst
affected." "They were in the trailer?"
"No we just had them on the back seat.
That's what probably saved them."
"Where are they now?" "The animal
ambulance took them to a vet."

Henk still had to return the notebook.
"Hi, Ien. I heard about Tony. Are you
feeling any better?" "No time to think
much about what happened. Working hard
cause I only have a couple of days to
finish my paper. Fortunately, Paul's
grandpa is helping me. He came up with
the idea, since I lacked material on
the Picts, to broaden the subject with
the theory of Robert Graves about the
role of the mother goddess in ancient
times. I think I'll manage."